H E L L O T H E R E




It feels forever since I've done anything on here. Well I have a perfectly good justification as to why. I got a job! I'm a barista at a coffee shop in Prescott (I'm not gonna tell you where you-...sick freaks) I'm making amazing money (tips and all) and meeting a ton of new, fun people! I'm full time so my weeks consist of me getting up early, working till close, and then going home to sleep just to repeat it the next day. It's not as bad as you would think. Since doing something I love isn't really considered "work" to me, it's easy. I've been doing barista shit for over 6 years now so I think I can handle myself. I got my big boy barista pants and everything. Yes, the routine is somewhat linear at times but that's having a job. You wake up, get ready, be on time, work your ass off, then go home. It's not that hard.

When I do have free time I either spend it with Cory when we go on dates or stay at home on our bed playing video games (sometimes that IS our date). Grand Theft Auto V is simply gorgeous and me and Cory are both having a blast playing through the main campaign. (as I'm writing this he actually beat the main campaign. So I guess it's just me.) I'm a huge fan of all the originals so it's really exciting to see the same type of GTA format with almost everything else improved. (Graphics, writing, story, characters) When I'm not playing GTA I'm working through other games like Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, New Vegas, Skyrim. All which have been out for awhile but I haven't played through to completion. 

Last night was Halloween. Me and Cory didn't really celebrate just because we didn't really find anything that interesting to do. Cory's parents invited us over for dinner which was so nice. 4 glasses of wine later, we headed home. When we got home, we watched Amityville Horror (terrible) and the first 4 episodes of American Horror Story Coven. Me and Cory are loving the show to death. AHS: Asylum, which we can both agree on, was on of the best seasons of television we've ever seen in a while. Coven came back with an explosive first couple of episodes. It's noble and even inspiring to see artists pushing boundaries in mainstream film to extents that would make people uncomfortable but not purely for shock facotr. But at this point I think most people are desensitized to risqué content so it doesn't really matter anymore. Regardless, the show is outstanding.






Music has seriously been my main source of calming down (which I'm sure goes the same for most people) Here are some bands/songs I've been listening to recently:

AlunaGeorge / Outlines
Beach House / Master of None
Chad Valley / Now That I'm Real
Daughter / Love
Ferraby Lionheart / Holdin' Me Back
Greg Laswell / It's Been A Year
Hellogoodbye / I Never Can Relax
Ida Maria / Quite Nice People
Julia Holter / World
Ke$ha / Last Goodbye
Lorde / Tennis Court
Miniature Tigers / Like or Like Like
Giants (Acoustic) / Now, Now
Real Estate / It's Real
Sin Fang / Nothings
The Tallest Man On Earth / Revelation Blues
Volcano Choir / Acetate
Washed Out / It All Feels Right
Youth Lagoon / Raspberry Cane

That's all I really wanted to say/write. Hope it was short and sweet enough! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Currently no blogger news

Contact

Email: ForNowItsMatt@gmail.com

About

My name is Matthew. I write, sing, play, and probe life forms in my giant ass space ship. I've seen over 100 R rated movies, I've read over 25 books in my life so far, I've written 2 movies, a television show about a cannibal restaurant, and I like to think I know what I'm doing when in actuality I really don't. I'm on balance beam a million miles above the ground and I'm about to slip and have everybody witness my literal fall. Is your iPhone ready? Are you watching this shit?